Information Technology and Management at the University of Texas
Information technology now continually alters the experience of business, social, and even physical interactions worldwide. Big Data and the Internet of Things are no longer catch-phrases but real-world trends that impact multi-trillion dollar transactions. The job market reflects the pressing need for adaptive skillsets required to respond to developments in information systems. Unemployment rates in the IT industry are at historic lows, and more than half of the top 25 highest paying jobs are found within the information technology sector.
The Texas Master of Science in Information Technology and Management responds to the need for talent with a 10 month, STEM designated degree that creates business leaders prepared for disruptive innovations due to emerging technologies, such as deep learning and blockchain. The MSITM program offers:
- Hands-on experience working with real-world businesses providing solutions to issues at the forefront of information technologies
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) certification from one of the nation's top business schools and information systems programs
- Top-ranked faculty leading small classes
- Curriculum pathway options, such as the opportunity to specialize in Blockchain & FinTech
- One-on-one career coaching, including career search tips, mock interviews, and industry visits, to prepare for a career following graduation
No work experience is required for applicants, and the program is open to all undergraduate majors. Applicants will be required to demonstrate quantitative aptitude, and programming and database experience. Management Information Systems and Computer Science backgrounds offer good preparation for the program.
MSITM Academics MSITM Admissions Download the MSITM Overview
The Master of Science in Information Technology and Management offers a thriving community for our students, connecting students across all four of the Master of Science Program degrees. To learn more about student life in the program, visit our Life at McCombs page (graduation information for current students available on this page!).
Life at McCombs
Take the Next Step
If you would like to schedule an office visit, please contact us at TexasMSITM@mccombs.utexas.edu.
Upcoming Info Sessions
Tuesday, September 24 | 5:30-6:30 | UT Austin Campus BRB 1.118 | Cookies Provided!
Tuesday, October 29 | 5:00-6:00 pm | UT Austin Campus Location TBD in CBA | Cookies Provided!
Attend an Info Session
Stay up to date on upcoming info sessions by joining our general mailing list. Can't make it to campus? You can also watch an archived info session at this link.