Austin Technology Incubator
The Austin Technology Incubator is the startup incubator of the University of Texas at Austin. A program of the University’s IC2 Institute, ATI has a 25-year track record of helping founding teams achieve success.
Blackstone LaunchPad is a program that helps students of all backgrounds navigate the UT entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Office of Sustainability
Stay up to date on sustainable investing and entrepreneurship tredns through Impact Alpha, the world's premiere impact newsletter! The Impact Alpha community also hosts exclusive events and podcasts. UT-Austin student's subscriptions are paid for by the Social Innovation Initiative. Secure your access TODAY by sending us an interest form! Subscriptions are limited.
The university hired its first director of sustainability in 2009 to support and promote the many existing efforts on campus as well as to initiate new collaborations among students, faculty, and staff in pursuing sustainability on campus. The office is part of the Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) portfolio within University Operations.
The RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service
The RGK Center prepares the next generation of nonprofit and philanthropic leaders through graduate education and research.
UT Nutrition Institute
Impact Hub Austin
International Business Ethics and Sustainability Case Competition
This innovative competition enables students to persuasively apply ethical reasoning to practical issues and the moral imperative of sustainable development. It takes place in April.
Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge
TCU Richards Barrentine Values and Ventures Competition
Every year, the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge invites teams of graduate students from around the world to develop and pitch creative financial approaches to tackle pressing social and environmental challenges. Applications close in January, and the competition takes place February – April.
Values and Ventures is a social venture pitch competition for undergraduate students held at TCU. Applications open in October, and the competition is held February- April.
Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability
ARCS serves as a resource for advancing rigorous research on corporate sustainability. The McCombs School of Business’ membership is managed by the SII. The school currently has 16 faculty members’ works registered. A sample of these works includes:
- Laura Starks - "ESG Corporate Profiles and Investor Horizons" (with P. Venkat and Q. Zhu); Winner of PRI Award for Outstanding Research
- Laura Starks - "ESG Engagement and Downside Risk" (with A. Hoepner, I. Oikonomou Z. Sautner and X. Zhang)
- Laura Starks - "The Importance of Climate Risk for Institutional Investors" (with P. Krüger and Z. Sautner)
- Timothy Werner - "Gaining Access by Doing Good: The Effect of Socio-Political Reputation of Firm Participation in Public Policy Decision Making", Management Science, August 2015, Vol. 61
- Joe Hahn - "Making Decisions with Multiple Criteria: A Case in Energy Sustainability Planning", EURO Journal of Decision Processes, 3/1, 161-185, 2015
- Andrew Gershoff - Gershoff, Andrew D. and Judy K. Frels (2015), "Just What Makes It Green? The Role of Centrality of Green Product Attributes in Evaluations of Greenness", Journal of Marketing, 79, no. 1: 97- 110
- Brian Richter - "Using Item Response Theory to Improve Measurement in Strategic Management Research: An Application to Corporate Social Responsibility" (Brian K. Richter with Robert J. Carroll and David M. Primo) 2016. Strategic Management Journal. Volume 37, Issue 1, p. 66-85
- William Fuchs - Optimal Arrangements for Distribution in Developing Markets: Theory and Evidence
SOCAP is the largest and most diverse impact investing community in the world. They foster a global ecosystem of social entrepreneurs, investors, foundation and nonprofit leaders, government and policy leaders, creators, corporations, academics and more at national events.
ClimateCAP is a national conference for MBA students on climate, capital, and business.
Impact & Sustainable Finance Faculty Consortium
Network for Business Sustainability
NBS is a consortium of individuals and academic centers housed at The Ivey School of Business that contribute academic resources to a shared pool.
The SII purchases a select number of student and faculty licenses of the premiere impact and ESG investing media source.
Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge
This global social venture pitch competition is held each summer at The University of San Diego. The Texas Social Innovation Challenge winners are eligible to attend.